Mechanics of a meltdown in European jobs



If you visit my site often, you’ll know that I think monitoring the economic situation is important. I could just post endless job hunting tips and news about job opportunities, but today the big picture is just so critical that I feel I must share this news too.

I’ve already posted about how and why I think that the Eurozone is approaching meltdown, and why the politicians will be ineffectual in reversing this decline. You may be doubtful of my analysis and I certainly hope it is wrong. So I have been looking for more data and insight into this topic and today I have decided to share with you a film that documents the severity of the situation in the Eurozone.

I was in two minds as to whether to post this - it certainly won’t provide an uplifting experience for anyone that views it (yep, that’s my health warning). But if you do want to know the real mechanics of what’s going on, this film has more data and insight than any news report or economics article I have seen. It’s heavy on stats – but excellently presented in an easily digestible form and thankfully devoid of rhetoric, opinion and political bias. So you are free to form your own judgement based on the data provided here.

From my perspective, the debt burdens in Europe (just as in the US) are unsustainable now. This means that the breakup or at least redefinition of the Eurozone will happen, it’s just a question of when. If the Euro survives in its current form beyond the next two years, I will be completely amazed. So the jobs outlook in Europe is looking increasingly bleak, but nonetheless bleaker in some places than others.

As I said at the start, I was in two minds about sharing this. On reflection overnight though I decided to go ahead because knowledge of what is happening and sharing this is vital I think. Whilst the prognosis isn’t good, I think understanding what is happening, where and how will enable you to make better personal decisions than if you didn’t have this knowledge.

If you’d prefer it if I stuck to the narrow path on this blog, please let me know!

PS I suggest you grab a coffee (or something stronger) before watching this.

My thanks and appreciation go to Stefan Molyneux and Freedomainradio.com for the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment